Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wee Complex

Ok so we’ve all heard of the “Wee Complex” (my phrasing). This is that when something is small it seems to try and overcompensate or overcome the size by being much more aggressive. It cracks me up, and I really enjoy seeing all the evidence of it right here around my neighborhood.

Today I’m out for a run, and as usual I round the corner at about the ½ mile mark and there is the little Chihuahua with the deepest bark. It’s always there waiting on anyone to pass by so that it can scream at them to let them know just how “bad” he is and how he owns this area. I’m serious about this bark too. I mean I’ve got two 60 Lb labs that don’t bark like that. But, that is a normal occurrence. Nothing out of the ordinary there, it’s just the Same Ole Same Ole.

So now for the reason for the post… I’m cruising along listening to music and not really paying attention to anything else when all of a sudden I hear this awful screech or squawk or whatever. I get to looking around and that’s when I see about a 14 Lb, fluffy, black cat doing its best to blend into a brick wall. I mean this thing is pressed into the corner of the garage area and I know its summoning its chameleon skills, but to no avail, black just don’t blend in to red. Then I see where the sound is coming from. There is a little bird (aka. “rat with wings” as Emily would say) that is screaming its head off. I watch as it dive bombs this poor cat, which I guess got a little close to the ole nest. The cat’s running for its life from this 4 oz bird and I can’t help but laugh. As I passed, the cat had worked its way under the car and the bird took up its perch on the gutter to watch. HEHE I do believe there may have been a little trail that was following that cat, and I don’t think it was water.

I write this to say watch out. Small doesn’t mean weak, and there is now a black cat with a hairless butt that could testify to that.

3 comments:

  1. So I have a story to add to this post...

    This morning, as I'm going to the laundry room to iron my pants, I see a bug (not just any bug...this is like a flying ninja bug, that may or may not have a stinger, with blood shot eyes, and a beady little head). I gasp for air as he flyes right past me (imagine...I do this move like in the Matrix where he dodges that bullet...oh yes...if only we could see that in slow motion). So after I gasp for air (loudly) I begin to call my husband by name..."Jace, Jace...you have to come in here." I was in desperate need of a savior. Lucy offered no help and Ella was still in the bed with Jace. My man comes running in the living room (he was in a dead sleep prior to me yelling his name, so he's still half asleep, wiping his eyes...you get the picture). I explain the situation, and he immediately takes action. That scary bug didn't stand a chance! So yes, at times we all have the "wee complex."

    Thanks for saving me this morning!! You are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete